Tuesday, March 11, 2014

To Compete or Not to Compete...



In short, this translates as my team that I played 4 games for during the regular season had to forfeit the entire 3-game championship series because Golden San Roman and I came to play.

The paragraph that has my name in it says:

"We wish to clarify that the baseball player Josh Johnson, came to participate in the Independent League of Juarez City invited by Mr. marco antonio solis and agreement to play with each and every one of the teams in the League and not just one, all this as a project of Mr. marco Solis to raise the level of play."

First off, it's pretty cool that they think that I am that good. It stinks that we couldn't play the playoffs because it was the two best teams in the league regardless. Second, I have never been a part of something like this, but to be honest the idea is a pretty good one. The short-sightedness of the tournaments that I used to get kicked out of back in Wisconsin when I was barely even ok as a pitcher (directors know who they are) or for that matter things like not letting Jeramie Holman throw in the league that he and I grew up in because he's "too good" now, really shows how ignorant people can be. And I should be fair to the directors, who are still accountable because they end up letting it happen, but it's the people that compete against us that complain about the level of competition.

I really appreciate my team, Poder Judicial, and teammates for the games I got to play this year. I really enjoy playing in Juarez and I can't wait for the next league to start, in about a month. Interesting how the US is the only country in the world that regulates it's leagues and the players in them. Also interesting how other countries actually encourage better players to play. I know that Tony Mancha will be playing when he can during the next league, raising the level all the way around. I hope that they also get the Malendez brothers, Lancho and Gabbe as well.

I can't wait for this season! With the Las Vegas tournament coming up in just a month, I can almost smell the grass, the burning smell after a foul ball, and feel the sensation of winning. The Cali A's will be very competitive and the tour with Team USA looms as a chance to re-invent the program. Can anyone else feel it? Every season is another great year of sun and competition. Sun and competition. What else could anyone want?

No comments:

Post a Comment